Monday, November 2, 2009

Fun Weekend





So, this posting doesn't have much to do about the baby. However, it does tell you about the 1st weekend where I actually had energy to do fun stuff. Saturday I did lots of fun things around the house- laundry, picked pecans, watch the Gators kick UGA's butt!, and made homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm very proud of the last item b/c it is the first time I've ever made broth from scratch. I am not Suzy Homemaker so anything like this is a big deal for me. Plus, it was probably the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had, if I do say so myself. ha! Sunday, Mike and I went on a nice hike to Devil's Hall in the Guadalupe National Park. This is one of the only places to see fall colors in SE New Mexico and it was gorgeous (See attached photos). 2 of the photos show geologic features- 1) the natural staircase and 2) Devil's hall. The hike was 4 miles roundtrip and we packed in water and snacks and just took it easy. When we finished we were definitely ready for our sandwiches that were waiting on us in the car. The hike really hit home that I can exercise and I should while I'm feeling up to it. The 1st trimester I did NOT feel up to it and I'll be honest, I enjoyed using the pregnancy as an excuse not to do it. However, not any more! So, I'm going to work really hard to incorporate yoga, walking, and other exercises into my daily activities. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. awesome views. never went on that hike while there, but remember lots of hiking with Addy in my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are finally enjoying the pregnancy...not to say the first trimester wasn't exciting, but its great to hear that you are excited about food and feel like excersing again!

    ReplyDelete