Tuesday, November 17, 2009

17 weeks

So, a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks...
Mike is now a rock star with his bike (see previous post)!
Duncan, the dog, has (I think) started to notice something is different. He always wants to be next to me, touching me, on me, etc and has become even more protective of me when I am alone in the house. This is sweet and annoying at the same time. However, it has made me realize that he will be a good protector when the baby is here. He loves kids and I can totally see him sleeping outside the door or under the crib (depending on where we want him) while the baby is sleeping.
Boobs have continued to grow, as well as hair and nails.
Skin is looking better- less breakouts and more smooth.
Belly has started to show. People at the office have commented, but if you didn't know I don't think you would notice. I do find that I run my hands over my belly quite often so observant people could figure it out. (I will post a picture tonight)
Today I started a water aerobics class. It was me and two older ladies and it was fun! I plan to go 2 days a week and am hoping they will start an evening class. Keep your fingers crossed! I also ordered a new swimsuit- the old one-piece just wasn't quite as comfy as it used to be. :)
Today we are going to buy a 2nd car. We decided the poor Truckito just isn't reliable enough for precious cargo. We are keeping the pilot and buying a Honda CRV. The dealer is giving us a great deal so we felt like we couldn't pass it up.
The big news...I have felt Peanut move!!!!! Last night was the 1st night I felt Peanut move and realized what it was. The last movement was so strong that I actually felt it with my hand a little. Of course, when I ran over to Mike the baby quit moving, but it was so amazing. I now know that I have actually felt Peanut move before, but I didn't know that was what it was. I have felt Peanut move quite a bit this morning before lunch and am hoping it continues. It is so fun and kinda tickles!
So, that is all for now. Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you felt Peanut move! We are glad you are feeling good and having a good time. Yay for Mike too!

    ReplyDelete