Tuesday, December 8, 2009

20 weeks- the baby's sex

Today I'm 20 weeks. I have a belly that sticks out enough that people notice and I'm feeling pretty good. I have taken 18 week and 20 week photos, but can't seem to download them on to our new computer. I'm hoping that I'll figure out soon.

This morning I had to wake up early to take a final exam for my managment class. I think I did ok, but I have to be honest, my mind wasn't really on the exam. It was on 2pm when I would be in the sonogram room seeing our baby. So, I'll skip ahead to the appointment.

Sonogram went really well. The baby weighed 1 pound, had a heart rate of 141 bpm, and looked beautiful. The size of the baby actually made the sonogram lady and the doctor second guess my due date. They were thinking about moving it up a week, but then decided that the date of April 27th is good and probably the most accurate. The baby moved quite a bit in the end and I think it had a good time showing off for us. We got to see all external and internal organs including the 4 chambered heart, kidneys, bladder, brain, etc. It also moved so we could get a cute photo of its ear. One of my favorite parts was that the baby had a nice big, round belly. I smile just thinking about tickling that belly!

In additon to seeing everything, we got to hear the heartbeat again which sounded strong. We also got to hear it have the hiccups which was very high pitched and cute. I could not feel the hiccups, but know I will be able to feel them soon enough. After the sonogram, we met with doctor for general check-up and chat. He was very pleased with my blood pressure and weight gain. If I remember what I gained last time I have gained 8lbs so far. The cool part to that is that 1 lb of that 8lbs is all baby!! fun fun!

So, I know at this point you are all dying for me to tell you the sex of the baby. However, I'm not going to tell you, I'm going to let the photos do the talking for me. We have a good crotch shot so you should be able to tell right away if it is a boy or girl. Of course, I'm going to post other photos in front of it to prolong the anticipation a little bit more.

Enjoy! Just in case it is hard to tell the photos are (profile 1, profile 2, full body, ear, foot, and sex)



Da, da, da-da....It's a ...

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to SEE the baby! After we spoke, I told Paras how great it is for me to share this pregnancy experience with friends! Hopefully one day Baby H and Baby B will play together as well (at Harvard so the mommies can go visit them) :)

    Kali

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just as adorable as you told me! Can't wait to squeeze him. Kay

    ReplyDelete