Friday, April 2, 2010

35 & 36 weeks

So, I am a bit behind with my posts. A lot has been going on in the past couple of weeks.


Update on me and baby:
We are doing well! My weight and blood pressure are still good, which makes us all happy. He continues to grow and move and my belly continues to expand with him. I am starting to have more aches and pains and am looking forward to not being pregnant. However, he needs to stay in as long as possible b/c our house isn't ready for him quite yet (more on that below). My next appt is this coming Monday and this starts my weekly appts. Can't believe my due date is only 4 weeks away! Seems like yesterday that we were thinking about starting a family.

Prepping for baby:

We are almost done with all of our prenatal classes. Tomorrow is our infant CPR class and is the last one. yay! All the classes were super helpful and I'm very glad that we took time to do them. It is amazing how much it helps to have others to talk to about what you are going through.
I have finally finished washing all the clothes, blankets, sheets, etc that we have recieved. I didn't realize how much we had accumulated until undertaking this task. We have a lot of stuff! Thank you everyone!
I have also started packing my bag for the hospital. It isn't finished yet, but I think I have everything that I will need. I just need to put it all in a bag.

House for baby:
Our house in Carlsbad is under contract and we should be free of it the week of April 12th. yay! The buyers have been a bit of a pain, but as long as they follow through I will be happy. In addition, we are in the process of buying a house here. We close on it April 8th and should be moved in by the 15th. Between closing and moving we are having painters and floor/carpet cleaners come in so that the house is fresh and ready for us. We actually just got great news from the movers- they will not only bring in the boxes/furniture, they will unpack for us. How great is that! That will help so much! So, hopefully, we'll be moved in and settled (with the nursery set up) before baby arrives. Keep your fingers crossed that baby cooperates and doesn't come early!

Date night for us:
We've continued to have date nights/days to get out and explore. It has really helped us learn the area and is just fun! Tomorrow is our ultimate date night. Our last hoorah before bably comes... we are dropping Duncan off at a kennel and heading into Denver for a night out on the town. 1st- Museum of Nature and Science for their Body World exhibit. Not super romantic, but I've wanted to see this exhibit since it first came out many years ago. 2nd- dinner at a fabulous sounding Tapas restaurant called the Ninth Door. 3rd- Improv comedy at the Improv Theatre. 4th- Sunday (Easter) brunch at Le Central (affordable french). Normally I wouldn't pick a french place, but the Easter brunch sounds amazing. Since I'm all about the food, I couldn't resist. Oh, all this was started b/c I got a great deal on the Hyatt Regency downtown. So, getting hotel for 1/2 price allows us to play and eat our way through Denver for a night.

Last but not least:
Photos of me and the belly- one of me standing is me at 35weeks, one of me sitting is me at almost 36weeks opening presents from my Aunt Pat and Kathy. The sitting photo(s) is not very flattering, but it is still good to see.





Hope all are well!!










3 comments:

  1. Wow, your belly has gotten so big. You are SO close. Hurray! Happy Easter. I hope you have a great time in Denver. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like the body exhibit? Its cool, huh? I saw it in Chicago and Atlanta but the one in Chicago was better! Well you are all belly! Be thankful for that! I have a big belly and no excuse! LOL! Good to chat with you yesterday!
    Love you Lots! Kt

    ReplyDelete