Finally, I can now post on baby stuff!
This week I am 28 weeks which marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester. Wow! I can't believe it! Seems like yesterday I was crying b/c I got a positive pregnancy test, now, I'm crying at dog food commercials b/c I just can't help myself! ha!
The belly is very big and it is hard for me to imagine that it will continue to get bigger. I saw something that said that most pregnant women gain about 11 lbs in the 3rd trimester and I just don't know about that. I'm happy to gain the weight, but I just can't imagine myself any bigger. I'm sure at 40wks I'll look back at my 28wk photos and go "Man, I was so small". I'm actually looking forward to that b/c that will mean the baby is almost here!
So, I have noticed a few changes because of the big belly. 1) it is harder to move around, just feeling even more awkward. 2) it is easy to get out of breath- apparently this is b/c your lungs are cramped b/c of baby and humongo uterus 3) I'm getting full faster again b/c of crowding by the huge uterus. Some might say, great!, but what this means is that I'm eating less in a given sitting so I'm having more meals. I feel like I'm eating all the time. Luckily, I have not had any major indigestion, which accompanies the crowding. I've had a mild case of heartburn, but it wasn't bad. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Other things are getting bigger too- 1) the boobs 2) the feet 3) the baby (of course)....1) the boobs are now up another cup size. So, I'm now a D!! This amazes me even more than the big belly. When I bought the size D bra, I took it in the dressing room and thought "there's no way this is going to fit, it is so big" However, not only did it fit, but it was super comfy so I bought a few. 2) the feet are a little bigger as well. I've read that this can happen and luckily it is not a huge change so far, but some shoes are a little tight. This could also be do to some minor swelling, but I think my feet are just changing. 3) this is the most fun part...the baby is getting bigger too! Shocking, right?!? He is stretching out and tickling my ribs, especially my right ribs. He is also pressing harder and holding it so that I can actually feel his little hand or foot pressing out. This is a new thing and has been so fun for me. In addition to his stretches, he just moves more and stronger so all of his little movements are more pronounced.
Tomorrow is my 28 week appt, which includes the Glucose test. I'm not looking forward to it, but think it will all go fine. Let's just hope I can pretend I'm back in college doing a shot when I have to chug the sugary nasty stuff! Wish me luck!

How did glucose go? Thinking of you! xo
ReplyDelete