Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Background

I am currently 12 weeks along and have a due date of April 27th. I did not know I was pregnant until about 6 weeks along because my 1st 3 tests all came out negative. However, it turns out that the tests were lying to us. The second set of tests became immediately positive and it has been a thrill ride ever since!
I consider myself very lucky because I have not had much sickness. I will not call it morning sickness b/c mine happened in the evening. In particular, I've had a strong avoidance of salads and still have that a little today. I'm hoping it goes away soon b/c I love salads! In addition to my evening nausea, I've been extremely tired. At first, I was annoyed by this, but as I started reading about what my body was doing I decided to give myself a break and enjoy the nap time. I have finally started getting my energy back and am enjoying it! I also now have a little bit of a belly. Nothing that anyone else will notice, but enough that some waistlines are a little snug. For the 1st time in my life I'm actually excited about pants that don't fit properly! ha! I hope to start a photo log of my expanding belly for those who are interested.
The first big decision we had to make once we found out I was pregnant was to pick a doctor. I had been going to a doctor in Carlsbad and was not completely happy with the practice. In addition, we've had friends give birth in Carlsbad and report back with some startling results. I will not go into details here, but we decided to try a practice in Roswell, which is ~1hr away.
Our first appointment was September 28th with Dr. Mooney (love the name) and were immediately happy with him and his staff. He is very friendly and is a straight shooter. He has delivered other women from Carlsbad and is willing to meet us in Artesia (only 30mins away) for regular appointments so we don't always have to drive to Roswell. We had a little worry when he could not hear the baby's heartbeat, but after a sonogram showed us our "peanut" which waved to us, we were worry free! I'm hoping to attach the photos of peanut so you can all see him/her.
Since the appointment, Mike and I have been on cloud nine and have had fun sharing our news with family and friends. We do feel a little overwhelmed when we think about it all, but I think that is normal. If anyone has any advice on baby gear, books, stores, etc please feel free to post it.


No comments:

Post a Comment